The key objectives of Mottingham Big Local Refocused are:
- That the community in Mottingham is better able to identify local needs and take action in response to them.
- People will have increased skills and confidence, so that they continue to identify and respond to needs in the future.
- The community will make a difference to the needs it prioritises.
- People will feel that Mottingham is an even better place to live.
These objectives will be achieved through:
- Use of local assets – such as existing community and statutory delivery agents where appropriate in a complimentary manner to avoid duplication
- Development of tenders to directly commission pieces or work or projects, buying in specific skills and expertise
- Employment of staff to build on the 1st years foundation work, employed to deliver plan objectives
- Participatory budgeting as a mechanism for providing grant funding to community projects and local initiatives